Skip to main content

Crucifixion Date: A Scientific Proof

One of the key events of Christianity that was widely debated for centuries was the Crucifixion because of contradictions in the Bible as well as lack of evidence in historical texts. Fortunately, with modern science and astronomy, the debate is now finally concluded!

Earlier this year just before Good Friday, I attended a most illuminating talk by Professor Colin J. Humphreys of Cambridge University on pinpointing the date of the Crucifixion of Jesus Christ. Professor Humphreys was eloquent, engaging and most importantly, thorough and scientific in his approach:
https://vimeo.com/30217472

I was deeply inspired because I now know the exact date of Christ's sacrifice for humanity: Friday, 3 April AD 33!


Though I have no access to his articles in Nature on this topic, I've found an online article that covered all his major findings here, which I believe, would greatly strengthen the historicity of Christianity. Prof Humphreys has also recently published a book on this: "The Mystery of the Last Supper: Reconstructing the Final Days of Jesus"

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diary of a little echo

  Preparation for catechism session via Zoom This year, I completed my 8-year journey as a catechist and I must say it has been a most fulfilling adventure where I - learnt much about my beautiful Catholic faith from other catechists and through preparations of sessions; - enjoyed sharing my favourite faith stories to inspire our youths;   Primary 6 Session on "History of the Jewish People"   - worked hard with my team to plan interesting camps that not only bring our youths closer to Jesus but also strengthen their bonds with one another;   Playing Jesus in a skit at a Confirmation Camp - felt encouraged when our youths managed to complete their journey and even returned to serve;  - forged lifelong friendships with fellow catechists, coordinators and admin team through struggles with life's challenges while pressing on with our vocation; and - deepened my relationship with Jesus! If you're considering this special ministry and wondering if you have sufficient kno

Come And See - "The Chosen" Jesus TV Series

It has been a long while since I last binge-watched any series because I really need my beauty sleep but I gave it all up for " The Chosen ": Rated a super impressive 100% by RottenTomatoes and 9.7 by IMDb , this unique crowdfunded TV series has 158 million views to date (and still increasing every second!). What I love about it is its ability to bring stories and characters in the Gospels to life in a way that is not preachy yet relates to us personally, reaching the very depths of the human heart; you cannot watch The Chosen without being transformed internally! In addition, it aims to be historically and theologically accurate as the creators of the show brought in a Catholic priest, a Jewish rabbi, and an evangelical scholar as consultants! Its portrayal of Jesus is refreshingly touching because it shows us the humanness of God; His human needs, compassion, limitations, kindness, love and most surprising of all: His great sense of humour! Yes, you heard me right: Jes

A Diary of Divine Mercy

Known as the second most important book in the world after the Bible, St Faustina 's Diary has allowed us intimate glimpses of the very heart of Jesus who wanted very much to bestow his mercy to us all but sadly, many of us are simply not aware or not interested.  From age 7, St Faustina started to have deep experiences of God and Jesus appeared to her often till her death at age 33. Her diary captures her conversations with Jesus who yearned for souls to turn to His Mercy for salvation. You can freely download the PDF of her diary here . In my pilgrimage to Western Europe in 2018, I had the privilege of visiting the Divine Mercy Shrine at Krakow and I had such a powerful experience there that I immediately bought St Faustina's Diary to learn more about Divine Mercy ! Here're some of my favourite entries of her diary which would give you a good idea of its power to transform our lives: 47 In the evening, when I was in my cell, I saw the Lord Jesus clothed in a white garm